Are you looking for software that will help improve productivity? Are you looking for a way to communicate at your firm?
You might want to explore it a bit more because of the amazing benefits of it. Ensuring that you invest in the right platform for a longer interval is something that this will help to do.
Is it a good choice for your business. Are you going to make the right investment?
We will show you features and benefits to help you make a decision.
What is SharePoint?
“Microsoft SharePoint Online is a web-based platform that can be used for a variety of purposes. It can be used with Microsoft Office for storing and sharing files. It’s a content and document management system.”
Organizations can coordinate and communicate in a secure way with the help of SharePoint. You can get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 and choose the app you want to use from the menu.
- Click on the page to create it.
- Go to the team site
- The design of your website should match your requirements.
- The correct details include name and description.
- Click on finish to complete the setup
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
They are used as a space for members lists. It is possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department and partner. The users have access to the documents once they click on the library.
The best way to use the document library is with this method.
- The documents can be chosen in the left- vertical pane.
- To add new items, you have to choose new. You can drag and drop files in the library folder.
- To open a Microsoft Office file in the app, you have to select it.
- Modern web apps allow you to change a file with other people. You can check out a file and stop other people from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and review items in the list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
A set of decisions and tasks give you the right outcomes. They are similar to an automated application that handles business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained through this.
There are different roles that are linked.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
The basic feature allows users to enter and execute queries. There is a scope of search in the recent website and any sub-sites. The search application processes the query and returns the results.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine. When you add words to the search query box, it will return solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
It gives the host features to store, group, modify, and capture vital data. The library can be used to store the data content.
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has components that support project management.
- Project summary.
- There is a task timeline.
- A task list.
- “There’s a calendar”
- A document library.
- Features of built-in task management.
It is easy to handle tasks and projects with this method.
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The best features, pros, and cons of SharePoint have been provided to you by us. It’s perfect for small, medium, and large businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”